Liturgical Music Commission
The Liturgical Music Commission is an eight-to-twelve-member group that advises the Bishop of Hamilton through the Liturgy Office, and assists the Bishop of Hamilton in providing workshops and other educational opportunities to assist parishes with regards to Liturgical Music.
The members of the Liturgical Music Commission are:
- Reverend Joseph de Viveiros, C.R.; Clergy Representative of the Commission
- Sharon Fazari; Director of Diocesan Choir
- Rob Corso; Music Director, Cathedral Basilica of Christ the King, Hamilton, ON.
- Terrianne Moulton; Kitchener-Waterloo Deanery Representative
- David Cahill; Brant Deanery Representative
- Joe Carere; Wellington Deanery Representative
- Sandra Gould; Hamilton Deanery Representative
- Dwayne Cahill; Halton Deanery Representative
- Reverend Monsignor Murray Kroetsch; Ex-Officio President of the Commission
- Reverend Mr. John Moss; Chairperson
- Sarah Lintott; Record Keeper
The Liturgical Music Commission held its first meeting in awhile on September 23rd, 2021. During the meeting, members introduced themselves and discussed the history of the Liturgical Music Commission and began to discuss the needs of music ministry in a post-COVID-19 church. In addition, each member provided their input concerning some of the significant needs. The members suggested twenty opportunities to assist music ministers in the Diocese.
The Commission will hold another meeting later this month and agree upon initiatives to further support music ministry in the Diocese of Hamilton. Please expect further information in the upcoming future!