Welcome to the Waterloo Marriage Preparation Program!
As a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are facilitating our marriage preparation program online through ZOOM. All programs for the fall sessions will be in person.
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. The Waterloo Region marriage preparation course is designed to help build a strong foundation for a loving Christian marriage.
With the use of presentations, guest speakers and handouts you will learn about the importance of communication, intimacy, finances, family of origin and marriage as a sacrament. Although you may have already discussed these topics within your relationship, the session enables each couple to discuss these topics in depth, without everyday distractions interfering.
Below is a list of important information about registration:
- Sessions will take place at various parishes in the Waterloo Deanery though they are organized through the Family Ministry Office and are not parish events, so please check the location mentioned under the course date as you register.
- If you have questions about registration, or the course itself, please contact Sarah at 905-528-7988 ext. 2249
- The course takes place from from 7 – 9:30 p.m. on Friday evening and 9:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. on Saturday. Participants are expected to be present for the full course in order to receive their certificate for the completion of the course.
- Lunch is provided for the course on Saturday, as well as coffee, tea and snacks. Feel free to bring any dietary items you would like for your own use.
- It is preferred that you register at least six months in advance of your wedding date.
Marriage preparation courses are designed to nourish the love relationship you share as a couple. Commitment, Communication and Conflict Resolution: these are the three top attributes of couples married happily for more than 25 years. The function of marriage preparation is to provide you with the tools that will help you live your marriage with all three of these components being strong and healthy.
Cost: $250.00 per couple (includes course materials) . Please note CANCELLATION refunds are subject to a $25.00 administration.
HOW PREPARED ARE YOU TO BECOME WE?
Strong Marriages Happen because of
Marriage Education: providing the Tools for success!