Welcome to the Waterloo Marriage Preparation Program!
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. The Waterloo Region marriage preparation course is designed to help build a strong foundation for a loving Christian marriage.
With the use of presentations, guest speakers and handouts you will learn about the importance of communication, intimacy, finances, family of origin and marriage as a sacrament. Although you may have already discussed these topics within your relationship, the session enables each couple to discuss these topics in depth, without everyday distractions interfering.
Below is a list of important information about registration:
- All sessions take place at St. Agnes Church in the parish hall; the parish itself is not involved in the organization of the program so please do not call if you have questions. The church is located at 75 Bluevale Street North, Waterloo.
- If you have questions about registration, or the course itself, please contact Connie at 905-528-7988 ext. 2237
- The course takes place from from 7 – 9:30 p.m. on Friday evening and 9:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. on Saturday. Participants are expected to be present for the full course in order to receive their certificate for the completion of the course.
- Lunch is provided for the course on Saturday, as well as coffee, tea and snacks. Feel free to bring any dietary items you would like for your own use.
- It is preferred that you register at least four months in advance of your chosen session and six months in advance of your wedding date.
Marriage preparation courses are designed to nourish the love relationship you share as a couple. Commitment, Communication and Conflict Resolution: these are the three top attributes of couples married happily for more than 25 years. The function of marriage preparation is to provide you with the tools that will help you live your marriage with all three of these components being strong and healthy.
Cost: $200.00 per couple (includes course materials, snacks and lunches). Please note CANCELLATION refunds are subject to a $25.00 administration.
HOW PREPARED ARE YOU TO BECOME WE?
Strong Marriages Happen because of
Marriage Education: providing the Tools for success!