Catholic Engaged Encounter
(Marriage Preparation Course)
A Wedding is a Day... A Marriage is a Lifetime
Be sure you have met with the parish priest where you intend to marry before booking a course. Some parishes offer their own preparation for marriage.
Location: St. Louis Parish
53 Allen St. East
Waterloo N2J 1J3
(Parking lot is behind the St. Louis Church off Willow St. see www.saintlouisparish.ca for map.)
Courses Hours: Saturdays (approximately 8:30 am–8:30 pm) and Sunday (approximately 8:30 am–3:00 pm).
The course includes our Sunday obligation Mass. This is a non-residential weekend.
Cost: $175 per couple (includes course materials, snacks, lunch and supper Saturday and lunch Sunday).
REFUNDS due to cancellation, are subject to a $25.00 administration fee.
To Register: Register online
Catholic Engaged Encounter Weekends (CEE), The weekend is open to any engaged couple wanting to prepare for a deeper, more meaningful life together and who are considered “free to marry” according to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
The Engaged Encounter Weekend:
- Utilizes listening, writing, and dialogue
- Encourages the engaged couple to concentrate on building a relationship
- Consists of a team of experienced married couples and a priest to facilitate and guide the weekend
Key Concepts of the Weekend:
- Self-acceptance is essential to building a relationship with another. “I can’t love you unless I love myself.”
- Love does not depend on feelings alone, but it is a decision that a couple must make every day.
- Openness is the key to communication with one another.
- Marriage calls the couple to love one another totally
- Being life-giving is essential to a relationship; without this quality there is no growth, no sensitivity, no refinement.
- Sex and sexuality are part of God’s plan for man and woman to become human and more expressive of God’s goodness
The CEE Weekend is an opportunity to:
- Reflect in Private; Be yourself; Enjoy being alone together.
- Talk, listen & discuss just with each other in old & new ways.
- Be sure; be gentle; laugh together; cry together; experience God.
- Examine, pledge, re-evaluate (if needed) & enjoy.
Happiness is incomplete unless it is based on a goal of unity, of loving each other as Christ loved us, totally and unconditionally.