Catholic Engaged Encounter
(Marriage Preparation Course)
A Wedding is a Day... A Marriage is a Lifetime
Be sure you have met with the parish priest where you intend to marry before booking a course. Some parishes offer their own preparation for marriage.
Location: Resurrection College, Waterloo
Courses Hours: Saturdays (approximately 8:30 am–9:30 pm) and Sunday (approximately 8:30 am–4:00 pm).
The course ends with Mass. This is a non-residential weekend.
Cost: $150 per couple (includes course materials, snacks, lunch and supper Saturday and lunch Sunday).
REFUNDS due to cancellation, are subject to a $25.00 administration fee.
To Register: Call Lena at 905-528-7988 ext. 2249 or Register online
Catholic Engaged Encounter Weekends (CEE), provide a marriage preparation program rooted in the Catholic faith and are available to all those being married in the Diocese.
The Engaged Encounter Weekend:
- Utilizes listening, writing, and dialogue
- Encourages the engaged couple to concentrate on building a relationship
- Consists of a team of experienced married couples and a priest to facilitate and guide the weekend
Key Concepts of the Weekend:
- Self-acceptance is essential to building a relationship with another. “I can’t love you unless I love myself.”
- Love does not depend on feelings alone, but it is a decision that a couple must make every day.
- Openness is the key to communication with one another. Revealing ourselves to each other and believing in each other’s goodness adds to communication
- Marriage calls the couple to love one another totally
- Life-giving is a quality most essential to a relationship; without this quality there is no growth, no sensitivity, no refinement.
- Sex and sexuality are part of God’s plan for man and woman to become human and more expressive of God’s goodness
Happiness is incomplete unless it is based on a goal of unity, of loving each other as Christ loved us, totally and unconditionally.