“As the family goes, so goes the nation and so goes the whole world in which we live.”
– Pope John Paul II
Impact on Young Minds – Video Games & Social Media, Healthy or Harmful?
How do you keep your children safe in this age of 24 hour connection? All parents, caregivers, and grandparents, even youth themselves, are welcome to attend a presentation by Brian Janes (registered psychotherapist). Come and find out about the potential dangers and negative consequences of social media and video games on young people. While social media has positive aspects, this workshop will look at the impact of video games and social media on the developing brain, provide an overview of some of the social dangers present on the web and suggest guidelines and boundaries to help children’s access to screen time remain healthy.
Family: A Ministry of Love
- The church has a deeply rooted belief in family
- In family, Jesus learned of his faith, his traditions, his role as son and his obligation to respect and love his parents
Four general tasks of the family were discussed at the 1980 Synod of Bishops, and then articulated by Pope John Paul II in this 1981 Apostolic Exhortation. Four general tasks of the family were identified:
- to form a community of persons;
- to serve life;
- to participate in society’s development;
- to share in the life and mission of the Church