Natural Family Planning
What is natural family planning?
- Natural Family Planning (NFP) is a highly effective, safe approach that allows couples to work together in managing their fertility.
- By learning and observing the natural changes in a woman’s body, couples learn when the woman is fertile and infertile.
- NFP is safe, environmentally friendly and has no costs associated with it.
- NFP conforms to the teachings of the Catholic Church on Human Sexuality.
Natural Family Planning Methods
There are three methods of NFP that you can choose from:
- Billings method (is based on understanding and interpreting changing cervical secretions)
- Symptothermal method (is based on observing changes in the cervical secretions, along with changes in the basal body temperature, and the position and feel of the opening of cervix)
- Creighton Model System (is based on a couple’s knowledge and understanding of their naturally-occurring phases of fertility and infertility)
Click the image below to download a Booklet on Natural Family Planning, produced by the Family Ministry Office.
2. Creighton Model FertilityCare System
3. Billings Ovulation Method
Our Church teaches that, “The transmission of human life is a most serious role in which married people collaborate freely and responsibly with God the Creator.” (Pope Paul VI, Humanae Vitae)
To read more from Humanae Vitae click here.
For further support, or if you have questions, please contact Teresa Hartnett at the Family Ministry Office, 905-528-7988 ext. 2250.