Catechist Formation and Training
A wide range of training support for parish catechists is available through the Catechesis Office.
Lenten Reflection Series for Catechists, 2021
Thursday, February 18, 2021 - Thursday, March 25, 2021
Join us in prayer and personal reflection this Lent as we journey together through Pope Francis’ recent Encyclical Letter, Fratelli Tutti. Together we will explore the timely themes of fraternity and social friendships with the help of the Sunday Gospel as well as illuminations from The Saint John’s Bible.
This is an independent study series which requires no online gatherings or meetings. Weekly emails with the reflections will be sent to you throughout Lent. This experience can be translated into a book study with a friend/family member from afar if you are looking for a community to gather with. The reflection series will include reference to the following texts:
1) Fratelli Tutti, Pope Francis: On Fraternity and Social Friendship
2) On Fraternity and Social Friendship: Group Reading Guide, Bill Huebsch
There are no associated fees with the study series, but if you would like copies of the resources you can make a purchase of them via the button below following registration. The Encyclical Letter, Fratelli Tutti is available for free access to read online HERE.
If you wish to purchase your resources, you may click here after you register for the workshop:
For the Catechetical Correspondence Courses:
- orientation to the programs for new catechists
- ongoing training and retreat opportunities
For parishes who are interested in using the materials of the Catechetical Correspondence Courses:
- orientation to the programs
- training for catechists as to how materials may be used in parish classes or meetings
For parishes who use other materials for catechesis:
- training and retreats are available at the request of parishes to enhance catechists’ strategies and formation