A Three-Part Workshop for Cantors
Who is it for?
This workshop is for all cantors who will proclaim the Exsultet as found in Roman Missal: Third Edition.
The purpose of this three-part workshop is to familiarize participants with the text and melody of the Exsultet found in Roman Missal: Third Edition in a gradual and systematic way, providing tools and techniques so that participants will be able to sing confidently at the Easter Vigil.
Each week participants will:
- Receive musical instruction on elements of the Exsultet
- Explore theological elements of the Exsultet and its proclamation
- Participate in small group sessions to work on technique specific to the week's presentation
- Have an opportunity for guided assistance in their preparation to proclaim the Exsultet
- Check back in December 2015 for possible 2016 workshop dates.
$25.00 per person.
- Christina Ronzio - Director, Liturgy Office
- Sharon Fazari – Chairperson, Music Commission
- David Hall, Stillman Matheson – Members, Music Commission
More information and registration forms are available from your local parish.
Photo credit: Mazur / www.catholicnews.org.uk