Parish Nursing Ministry
Parish Nursing is a health ministry of faith communities which emphasizes the wholeness of body, mind and spirit. Rooted in the vision of Christ as Healer, this ministry grows out of the belief that all faith communities are places of health and healing and have a role in promoting wholeness through the integration of faith and health.
A parish nurse is a registered nurse with specialized knowledge, who is called to ministry and affirmed by a faith community to promote health, healing and wholeness.
What will you learn:
- What is parish nursing
- Why is it important to the church
- How this ministry flows from the healing ministry of Christ
- The history of parish nursing in Canada and the Hamilton Diocese
- Steps to developing a health care ministry
- Available education program for nurses
Michelle O'Rourke, RN MA
Coordinator Parish Nursing Education Program
St. Peter's Seminary
Top graphic: Design vector designed by Freepik