Inner Peace and Hope After An Abortion
Project Rachel is a ministry that facilitates healing and reconciliation for women and men who have suffered due to an abortion. We have both professional counselors and clergy, trained and screened by the Diocese, to offer confidential counseling and support to those in need.
Take the First Step...
Call the confidential phone line and hear more about how Project Rachel can help.
905-526-1999 or 1-888-385-3850.
- is private and confidential
- helps reconcile the feelings associated with an abortion experience
- moves you forward in a caring and hope-filled atmosphere
- connects you with a trained counsellor in your own area
- assists you in sorting through your own feelings
- allows you the opportunity to deal with unresolved conflicts
Why Reach Out for Support?
- Choices and decisions made, leave us questioning ourselves and asking "why?"
- Seeking the answers requires courage and wisdom
- Finding courage and wisdom within helps us grow stronger
- We experience a fresh start, at peace with the past and ready to confront the future
Symptoms After Abortion May Be…
- Eating and sleeping problems
- Loss of Self-Esteem
- Spiritual Divorce from God
- Prolonged Grief
EXCERPT FROM EVANGELIUM VITAE; POPE JOHN PAUL II
I would now like to say a special word to women who have had an abortion. The Church is aware of the many factors which may have influenced your decision, and she does not doubt that in many cases it was a painful and even shattering decision. The wound in your heart may not yet have healed. Certainly what happened was and remains terribly wrong. But do not give in to discouragement and do not lose hope. Try rather to understand what happened and face it honestly. If you have not already done so, give yourselves over with humility and trust to repentance. The Father of mercies is ready to give you his forgiveness and his peace in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.