Full-Time Youth Minister
St. Mary of the Visitation Parish in Cambridge (Hespeler) is seeking a full-time Youth Minister. The position offers competitive benefits and salary.
About the Parish
St. Mary of the Visitation Parish is a parish, dedicated to the New Evangelization, serving over 2,500 registered parishioner families and about 1,600 regular mass attendees. The parish is located in the north Cambridge in the Region of Waterloo - a fast growing community - and serves 3 elementary schools and 1 secondary school. The Youth Ministry program, currently offers two youth programs, Kids Klub for grades 5-8 and a Da Crew for our high school aged young peoples both of which uses the Lifeteen programming.
We also offer a Confirmation preparation program for our youth and an outreach for young adults. Please check our website for details on our vibrant parish – www.stmaryhespeler.ca
About the Opportunity
As a member of St. Mary of the Visitation Parish ministry team the incumbent will be responsible for collaborating with the Pastor in leading Youth Ministry in our parish. Coordinating pre-teen and teen programming with the intent of energizing and engaging our youth population to live as Disciples of Christ faithfully living the life and mission of the Church.
Key to success of this role will be your ability to connect with our parish youth, developing strong relationships that will continue to grow their faith and participation in our parish life. You will successfully integrate a program for the youth that includes the programs currently established and incorporates the development of a volunteer support team, technology and social media campaign to further our outreach.
The profile of the successful candidate is one who possesses energy, enthusiasm and the ability to empower our parish youth. Coupled with your love and knowledge of the Catholic faith, you should also demonstrate an understanding of the particular needs of young people and be an example to them of an individual who lives a life modelled in the foundations of our Catholic Faith.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Committed and practicing Catholic
- Has a minimum of 2 years of related experience in a youth ministry environment
- Demonstrated leadership in building and maintaining a successful youth ministry program; particularly for grades 5 – 8 and for grades 9 – 12
- Highly organized, able to effectively balance multiple priorities and projects
- Collaborative, yet assertive, leadership style
- Ability to build new relationships and maintain existing relationships, with all key stakeholders including youth, volunteers, parish staff, clergy, teachers and parents
- Able to work independently, exercising good judgment
- Flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances
- Willing to work flexible hours and weekends, possessing a valid driver’s license and having access to a reliable car are essential.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with MS Office and various social media platforms
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing social media campaigns to connect, engage and inform parish youth
- Demonstrated ability to engage, and be accessible to, students from grades 5 to 12
- Ability to be a high profile member of the parish, the face of St Mary of the Visitation Parish to its youth
- Music ministry or skills an asset
- Certificate in youth ministry or theological training an asset
Interested candidates should apply with a copy of their resume and a cover letter explaining how their skills meet the job requirements. Please submit the material to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by May 15, 2018.