Youth Minister/Pastoral Associate
Saint Dominic Parish in Oakville is looking for a Part-time Youth Minister/ Pastoral Associate. Reporting to the Parish Priest, this position offers a competitive rate of pay and benefits package. At present, requirements are for part-time but there could be a possibility of these being extended.
- Attend to the duties assigned by the Pastor and report directly to the Pastor.
- Coordinate the development of programs oriented toward the children and youth in the Parish to motivate their participation in Parish life.
- Assist Pastoral Team and visiting clergy with liturgical support as required (special services, school masses, etc.)
- Responsible for coordinating paperwork from schools for sacraments and ensuring notification of sacraments is provided to home parishes in a timely manner.
- Responsible for coordinating and teaching the RCIC (Rite of Christian Initiation of Children) Program.
- Serve as the liaison between the parish and Catholic schools (Within the parish boundaries) in regard to school Masses, Confessions, First Reconciliation, First Holy Communion, Confirmations, Music, etc.
- To create and facilitate the Youth Leadership Team in which they are responsible for planning and implementing the youth ministry program.
- Coordinate the recruitment, training, supporting, and evaluating volunteers in the youth ministry program.
- Provide resources for effective programming of the youth ministry program.
- Other duties as assigned by the Parish priest.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- College/University Bachelor's degree, diploma, or certificate with 3 - 5 years of experience, or equivalent.
- Familiar with Catholic social teaching.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with the Pastor, parish staff, volunteers and parish community.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and trust.
- Comfortable praying with and for others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize to meet weekly deadlines.
- Detail Oriented.
Please forward your resume and CV to email@example.com. Please include “Saint Dominic, Oakville – “Youth Minister” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.