Position of Youth Minister
Holy Cross Catholic Parish, Georgetown
Holy Cross Catholic Parish in Georgetown is seeking a full-time Youth Minister. The position offers competitive benefits and salary.
About the Parish
Holy Cross is a vibrant parish of over 3,000 families in Georgetown, ON. Serving 4 elementary schools and 1 secondary school, it recently began a youth ministry program founded and run solely by volunteers. The parish recognized the need to further invest in its young people and created a full-time Youth Minister position to accelerate the growth of this important ministry.
About the Opportunity
The Youth Minister will use his or her proven organizational skills coupled with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to organize and lead the parish pre-teen and teen programs. The incumbent will also be responsible for recruiting a team of volunteers and coordinating the use of technology and social media.
The successful candidate should possess energy, enthusiasm and a love and knowledge of the Catholic faith, seeking to empower the middle school and secondary school youth of our parish to live as Disciples of Christ engaged in the life and mission of the Church. He or she should also demonstrate a love for the particular needs of young people and be an example to them of an individual who lives a morally good life.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of related experience in a youth ministry environment, preferably Catholic
- Demonstrated leadership in building and maintaining a successful youth ministry program; particularly for grades 6 – 8 and for grades 9 – 12
- Highly organized, able to effectively balance multiple priorities and projects
- Collaborative, yet assertive, leadership style
- Ability to build new relationships and maintain existing relationships, with all key stakeholders including youth, volunteers, parish staff, clergy, teachers and parents
- Able to work independently, exercising good judgment
- Flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with MS Office and various social media platforms
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing social media campaigns to connect, engage and inform parish youth
- Demonstrated ability to engage, and be accessible to, students from grades 6 to 12
- Ability to be a high profile member of the parish, the face of Holy Cross to its youth
- Music ministry or skills an asset
- Certificate in youth ministry an asset