Digital Media Manager
Temporary Role: 13-Month Position
About the Opportunity:
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton, established in 1856, is the second largest diocese in English speaking Canada and serves the needs of more than 626,000 Roman Catholics, throughout Southwestern Ontario. Reporting to the Chancellor, this position is responsible for developing various digital media initiatives to promote the Diocese and its message to the wider community.
- â— Prepares, develops and posts noteworthy news, events and stories, on the Diocese's website, from both internal and external sources.
- â— Provides creative input for the development of internal print projects such as, newsletters, prayer cards, pamphlets and booklets.
- â— Maintains and updates the Diocese's social media accounts with Twitter and Facebook to ensure a consistent message reflecting Catholic values, with a focus on issues related to the Diocese.
- â— Provides website management support through programming and coding to minimize the reliance on external experts.
- â— College Diploma in Web Design
- â— Familiarity with PHP, MYSQL, CSS, HTML and Adobe Creative Suite
- â— 3 - 5 years related experience
- â— Highly organized, detail oriented and able to manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
- â— A good understanding of the Roman Catholic faith.
- â— Strong interpersonal skills.
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package along with a great work environment.