Sts. Peter and Paul Parish in Hamilton is looking for an experienced musician to fill the part time (10-12 hours/week) role as a Music Director. The Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton, established in 1856, is the second largest diocese in English speaking Canada and serves the needs of more than 626,000 Roman Catholics, throughout Southwestern Ontario. The Music Director will work closely with the Parish Priest, Parish staff members and volunteers for planning and leading liturgies during various programs.
- Plan liturgical music and direct choir for regular church services (3 Masses each weekend) and the major feasts of Christmas Season and Holy Week.
- Plan liturgical music and direct choir for Confirmations, First Communions, Weddings and Funerals etc., and perhaps for less-regular occasions (eg. World Day of Prayer).
- Attend Diocesan and Ontario Liturgical Workshops to strengthen liturgical skills.
- Organize regular rehearsals for choir to build repertoire and skills for use in upcoming liturgies.
- Implement the material from the upcoming Music for Catholic Worship Book.
- Experienced musician (organ and/or piano are a fundamental part of the job; guitar skills would also be an additional asset) with liturgical knowledge.
- Interest in a wide range of musical experiences.
- Possess a working knowledge of musical ministry in the Catholic Liturgical tradition.
- Ability to work well and collaboratively with others: choir members, staff and congregation, and especially the Pastor
Please forward your resume and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Music Director – Sts. Peter and Paul Parish” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.