Saint Patrick Parish in Hamilton is looking for a Music Director. This individual will have the overall responsibility for the Parish Music Ministry and will ensure that all music meets the standards of current Church practices.
Reporting directly to the Pastor, this position requires a 20 hours/week minimum commitment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package with the opportunity to work with choirs of different age groups and styles (traditional, folk, and contemporary music) at the 9:00 a.m. and 11;30 a.m. Masses on Sundays and other liturgical seasons.
- â— A Degree, diploma or Certificate in Music and/or Liturgical Studies preferred.
- â— A good understanding of and respect for Catholic Doctrine, liturgy and practice.
- â— Strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills.
Primary responsibilities include:
- â— Play the Organ at Liturgical celebrations as well as train cantors and teach music literacy.
- â— Work with the Pastor and/or pastoral team to develop and foster the music ministry
- â— Formation and recruitment of choirs, cantors, and student leaders in music ministry while optimizing the participation of the assembly.
- â— Direct the choirs and facilitate practices for choirs and cantors.
- â— Meet with the Pastor to review liturgical celebrations.
- â— Maintain all appropriate copyright permissions.
- â— Attend Diocesan liturgical and musical workshops.
- â— Availability for funerals and weddings when possible (paid separately).
- â— 20 hours weekly to be dedicated for preparation, rehearsal, and celebration of two Sunday Masses and Major Liturgies (i.e. Christmas, Holy Week and Easter).
- â— Schedule Cantors for Sunday liturgies.
Interested applicants must send resume with cover letter by Friday, March 16th, 2018 to:
St. Patrick Parish
440 King St. Street East
Hamilton, ON, L8N 1C6