St. Mary of the Visitation Parish in Cambridge, ON is looking for a full time (37.5 hours/week) Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the Parish Priest, this position offers a competitive rate of pay and benefits package.
- Greeting visitors, handling phone calls, directing inquiries to appropriate individuals.
- To keep accurate records, file documents, reference material and manage general correspondence in accord with directions.
- Bookkeeping: To ensure accurate accounting for Parish General Account, Mass stipend account and petty cash account, and any other accounts, as directed by the Pastor.
- Completion of Bulletin Board and updating it as needed.
- Recording Mass intentions, Sacramental registration information and issuing Sacramental certificates (Baptism, Confirmation, Marriage).
- Completion of Schedules for Parish Priest as required.
- Maintaining and updating Parish calendar of events including school masses.
- Order supplies for the office and Parish as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor when required.
- Post Secondary education in a relevant field preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and QuickBooks.
- 2-3 years of prior secretarial/Bookkeeper office experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to organize and prioritize efficiently.
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions.
- A good understanding of and respect for Catholic Doctrine, Liturgy and practice.
Please send your resumes to email@example.com. Please include "Administrative Assistant - St. Mary of the Visitation" in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.