Parish: Blessed Sacrament Parish in Burford
Employment type: Part-time contract for 24 weeks
Start Date: Mid-July
Purpose: The Service Coordinator (SC) will help our ongoing participation and partnership with the Migrant Workers’ Centre for Solidarity in Simcoe, ON, the SC will also work in close collaboration with the General Coordinator of the Centre.
Main Functional Activities Include:
- conduct active outreach and communication with the local migrant agricultural workers (MAWs) and farming community. It will be helpful to create a data base of the farms and contacts
- Identify and coordinate the delivery of direct services to the MAWs: PPEs, emergency housing, food, clothing, sanitation/hygiene. The SC can recruit volunteers and solicit the support of local agencies, such as, the public health.
- Log all of the direct assistance provided to the MAWs. He/she will submit a monthly report.
- Track all of the expenditures and submit a monthly report and invoices to his/her supervisor.
- Meet periodically with other Service Coordinators and work collaboratively as part of a team.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary education and/or work experience
- Appreciation and sensitivity to the Church’s ongoing mission and outreach to the MAWs
- A working knowledge of Spanish is important in order to communicate with the MAWs
- Ability to track, write reports
- Ability to work in a team, collaboratively with colleagues
- The Service Coordinator will receive $20/hr for 15 hours/week.
- This is a 24-week term project.
- As an independent contractor – you will submit your weekly hours and receive the gross amount biweekly.
- The automobile allowance rate is $.50 per kilometre. you can submit a monthly invoice to your supervisor. The budget allows for a total of $1,400 for travel for the entire 24 weeks.
- Required – access to vehicle.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.