St. Teresa of Avila Parish in Kitchener is looking for a Part Time Secretary for 24 hours per week, for the church office. Reporting to the Parish Priest, this position offers a competitive rate of pay and benefits package.
- Greeting visitors, handling phone calls, directing inquiries to appropriate individuals.
- Completion of Bulletin Board and updating it as needed.
- Preparing Sunday’s Bulletin, flyers and other printed materials.
- Recording Mass intentions, Sacramental registration information and issuing Sacramental certificates (Baptism, Confirmation, Marriage).
- Weekly posting of funds generated through Sunday Offerings.
- Completion of Schedules for Parish Priest as required.
- Maintaining and updating Parish calendar of events including school masses.
- Order supplies for the office and Parish as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor when required.
- Post Secondary education in a relevant field preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, and possibly some graphic design software e.g. Photoshop.
- 2-3 years of prior secretarial/office experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to organize and prioritize efficiently.
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions.
- A good understanding of and respect for Catholic Doctrine, Liturgy and practice.
Interested applicants, please apply here.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.