Annunciation of Our Lord Parish of Hamilton is currently seeking a Parish Secretary for 25-30 hours per week to join our team. The position offers a competitive rate of pay and benefits package.
About the Job:
Reporting directly to the Parish Priest, this position will be primarily responsible for greeting visitors both in person and on the phone, providing general reception duties and performing clerical duties as required.
- Greeting visitors, handling phone calls, directing inquiries to appropriate individuals
- Completion of Bulletin Board and updating it as needed
- Recording Mass intentions, Sacramental registration information and issuing Sacramental certificates (Baptism, Confirmation, Marriage)
- Completion of Schedules for Parish Priest as required
- Publishing and managing the parish bulletin and website as needed
- Maintaining and updating Parish calendar of events
- Order supplies for the office and parish as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor when required
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- 2-3 years of prior secretarial/office experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail and ability to organize and prioritize efficiently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions
- A good understanding of and respect for Catholic Doctrine, Liturgy and practice
If this sounds like you, and you are looking for a great work environment, please send your resumes to email@example.com. Please include "Secretary - Annunciation of our Lord Parish" in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.