Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish in Rockwood and the Newman Centre Guelph are looking for a Music Director. Reporting to the Pastor/Chaplain, the position requires a commitment of 20 hours a week. This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package provides an opportunity to work with choirs of different age-groups and styles (traditional, folk, and contemporary music) at three different locations: Sacred Heart Church Rockwood, Newman Centre Guelph, and Camp Brebeuf Rockwood.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- â€£ Degree or Certificate in Music and/or Liturgical Studies preferred.
- â€£ Play a liturgical instrument such as keyboard and/or guitar as well as train cantors and teach music literacy.
- â€£ Prepare appropriate music (according to guidelines of the CCCB and GIRM) for all liturgical celebrations outlined below, submit to office no later than one week prior to celebration.
- â€£ Work with pastor/chaplain to develop and foster the music ministry including formation and recruitment of choirs, cantors, and student leaders in music ministry.
- â€£ Meet with pastor/chaplain on quarterly basis or as needed to review liturgical celebrations.
- â€£ Organize music library for the Parish and Newman Centre.
- â€£ Maintain all appropriate copyright permissions (Parish title and Newman Centre title)
- â€£ Ensure the proper maintenance of sound equipment and musical instruments, keeping them in good playing condition.
- â€£ Manage relationships with service providers such as piano tuners and technicians.
- â€£ Attend Diocesan liturgical and musical workshops.
- â€£ If possible, be available for funerals and weddings (paid separately).
- â€£ Dedication of 20 hours weekly for preparation, rehearsal, sound system setup (technical knowledge required) and celebration of all Masses and liturgies at all three locations (times subject to change).
Interested applicants are to send a resume and cover letter to:
Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish
Attn: Rev. Mark Morley
238 Main Street North Box 610
Rockwood, Ontario N0B 2K0
Or via email to: email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until Friday, February 23rd, 2018.