St. Clement Parish, Cambridge, is looking for a part-time Sacramental Coordinator. Reporting to the Parish Priest, this position offers a competitive rate of pay and requires a commitment to work flexible hours.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working with the Pastor, parish staff, catechists and volunteers in nurturing Parish/Family/School bonds, with the focus on students preparing for First Sacraments and Confirmation. This includes:
- Liaising with schools and assisting with preparation for school Masses and services (readings, prayers, music, plus set-up to ensure a timely start).
- Making brief class visits prior to school Masses and services, to remind the children at an age-appropriate level of what will be taking place.
- Participating in preparation for First Sacraments and attending all meetings, workshops and celebrations.
- Participating in preparation for Confirmation and attending all meetings, workshops and celebrations.
- Overseeing catechists and providing support as needed.
- Together with the Pastor, organizing and facilitating the RCIA program with other team members.
- Scheduling Eucharistic Ministers’ visits to shut-in parishioners, the hospital and nursing homes.
- Arranging the annual Anointing of the Sick Mass (liturgical ministers, readings, music, refreshments) and being present.
- Arranging the November memorial service for the bereaved (invitations, readings, music, refreshments) and being present.
- Supporting pastoral initiatives as requested.
- Good understanding and respect of Catholic doctrine, liturgy and practice.
- Full communion with the Roman Catholic Church, as determined at the sole discretion of the Bishop of the Diocese.
- Experience working in parish schools.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Able to work cooperatively with Parish Staff and volunteers.
- Conscientious, diplomatic, empathetic, enthusiastic, patient, and with a heart for the youth.
Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until September 15th, 2018. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.