The Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton, established in 1856, is the second largest diocese in English speaking Canada and serves the needs of more than 626,000 Roman Catholics, throughout Southwestern Ontario. Regina Mundi Parish in Hamilton is looking for a part-time Evangelization Coordinator.
Regina Mundi Parish Vision: Maintenance to Mission
Reginal Mundi Parish Mission Statement: We are missionary disciples leading people to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ so they too can become missionary disciples.
The Evangelization Coordinator will faithfully uphold the teachings of the Catholic Church and promote the Church’s mission to make disciples of all people through evangelization and formation (cf. Mt 28:19-20). This person will oversee the effective implementation of Regina Mundi’s game plan to develop missionary disciples with special emphasis on the coordination and implementation of evangelization (e.g., Alpha) and youth and adult faith formation programs.
This position plays an active role in parish leadership, volunteer recruitment and coordination, and program and ministry support. In coordination with the pastor and office staff this person will utilize new means of social media (with the support of parish information technology resources) to enhance Regina Mundi’s presence on the internet.
The Evangelization Coordinator will work directly under the supervision of the pastor and in cooperation with the parish staff, the parish council, and other leaders in the parish community.
Evangelization Strategy and Planning
- Assists the pastor in guidance and growth of parish community by evangelizing, teaching, forming, and guiding faithful in their faith journeys
- Develops a strategy for, and delivers, a final missionary disciple preparation program
- Coordinates, designs, and implements parish programs of evangelization (e.g., Alpha) within and outside the parish (e.g., in schools, nursing homes, etc.)
- Ensures each evangelization and formation program is adequately staffed with volunteers and leaders, including succession planning
- Works collaboratively with parish staff to implement the overall vision of the parish in various areas of parish life
- Clearly expresses the vision and mission of Regina Mundi parish through face to face contact, internet technologies, or print pieces
- Serves on the parish council and other leadership structures in the parish
Parish Faith Formation
- Knowledge of, and the ability to, faithfully and effectively convey the teachings of the Catholic faith
- Directs and oversees various faith formation programs that support a lifelong deepening of the Catholic faith for all parishioners consistent with the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC), national and diocesan guidelines, and parish needs
- Oversees the new parishioner registration process, provides resources and opportunities for engagement for new parishioners and implements a follow up strategy to continue participation
- Develops and implements a process for the evangelization and formation of inactive parishioners
- Recruits and oversees parishioner leadership in the various programs of evangelization
- Utilizes new social media as a means of communication and evangelization with current, inactive, or new individuals within the community
- Maintains a collaborative and positive attitude
- Assumes additional responsibilities consistent with the job title as needed or directed by the pastor
- Practicing Catholic with an enthusiasm for evangelization, and who accepts the teachings and doctrine of the Catholic Church
- Academic degree in theology or related field
- Enthusiasm to support and promote the vision and mission of Regina Mundi Parish
- Experience in catechesis
- Adequate knowledge of the Sacred Scriptures
- Experience in a parish leadership role and working within a collaborative office environment
- Excellent communications skills in written and spoken word
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and trust
- Collaborate with the parish’s volunteer screening coordinator to ensure that all volunteers have met the parish and diocesan screening guidelines
- Ability and comfort praying with and for others
- Flexibility in office hours. Availability during weekdays and on weekends.
Estimated Average Hours Per Week:
Approximately 20 hrs/wk.
If this sounds like you, please apply by June 30th, 2019.
Please forward your resume and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Regina Mundi Parish, Hamilton – Evangelization Coordinator” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.