Receptionist - Chancery Office
About the Job:
The Diocese of Hamilton is looking for a full-time Receptionist at the Chancery Office for a one-year contract with the possibility of extension. Reporting to Chancellor of Temporal Affairs, this position offers a competitive rate of pay and benefits package, which includes:
- Extended Health
- Dental Coverage
- Generous Vacation Allowance
- Paid Sick Days
- Matching Defined Contribution Pension Plan
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton, established in 1856, is the second largest diocese in English speaking Canada and serves the needs of more than 639,000 Roman Catholics, throughout Southwestern Ontario.
- Greeting visitors, handling phone calls on a multi-line switchboard, following health and safety guidelines with regards to COVID-19 and directing inquiries to appropriate individuals.
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/mail.
- Update calendar and schedule meetings.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties as required including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing etc.
- Prior experience with multi-line switchboard is preferred.
- Post Secondary education in a relevant field preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- 2-3 years of prior office receptionist experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to organize and prioritize efficiently.
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions.
- A good understanding of and respect for Catholic Doctrine, Liturgy and practice, as determined at the sole discretion of the Bishop of the Diocese.
If this sounds like you, and you’re looking for a great work environment:
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.