Pastoral Associate, Youth and School Ministry
Location: St. Michael’s Catholic Parish, Waterloo, Ontario
Accountable to: The Pastor of St. Michael’s Catholic Parish
Part-time (20 Hours per Week): This position will be considered ‘flex-time’, as it does involve some evening and weekend time commitments.
About the Job:
This position seeks to assist the Pastor by performing duties of a ministerial nature in the area of Sacramental Preparation, School Engagement, and Youth Ministry. Our goal is to form young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to school and youth ministry.
- Provide leadership and direction, with all aspects of preparations for the Sacraments of 1st Reconciliation, 1st Communion, and Confirmation by aiding in class visits, leading and organizing the retreats and parish based catechetical sessions, to be in attendance at teacher meetings, parent meetings and at each celebration.
- Co-ordinates parish/school activities by maintaining ongoing contact with schools throughout the parish including building relationships with teachers, parents and the School Board religion department.
- Organizes and coordinates school liturgical celebrations including Masses and graduation liturgies.
- Develops and implements programs oriented toward the children and youth of the parish to motivate their participation in parish life.
- Plans and coordinates Youth Ministry activities for the parish.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates the parish’s Vacation Bible School (One week in the summer).
- Participates in parish staff meetings and deanery meetings.
- Recruits, selects and directs the work of volunteers necessary to meet the plans and objectives of ministry programming.
- Member of School Council for St. Nicholas and Sir Edgar Bauer schools
- Undergraduate degree in Religious Studie
Certificate in Catechesis and Youth Ministry Studies
3-5 years experience working with children and youth
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Strong organizational skills
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package along with a great work environment.
If this sounds like you, please send a resume and references:
Or by mail:
Rev. David Walter
St. Michael’s Church
240 Hemlock St.
*** Deadline for applications is Friday, July 21, 2017 ***