Pastoral Associate, Online and Youth Ministry - St. Pius X Parish, Brantford
About the Job:
St. Piux X Parish in Brantford is looking for a Pastoral Associate, Online and Youth Ministry. This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Extended Health
- Dental Coverage
- Generous Vacation Allowance
- Paid Sick Days
- Matching Defined Contribution Pension Plan
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton, established in 1856, is the second largest diocese in English speaking Canada and serves the needs of more than 639,000 Roman Catholics, throughout Southwestern Ontario. St. Pius X, Brantford’s largest parish requires a full time Pastoral Associate, responsible for online and youth ministry.
- Coordinates sacramental preparation for youth ministry, including in Catholic Schools
- Maintains and updates the parish website and social media accounts.
- Develops and implements messaging via web, social media, and other communications channels.
- Identifies opportunities for new ways of engaging parishioners and others.
- Maintains, develops and implements programs oriented toward children and youth to motivate their participation in Parish life.
- Co-ordinates Parish/School activities by maintaining ongoing contact with schools through the parish including building relationships with Teachers, High School Campus ministry and the School Board Religion Departments.
- Presides at school liturgical celebrations as needed.
- College/University degree, diploma, or certificate - ideally M.Div., or equivalent
- 3-5 years of varied teaching or ministerial experience with children and young people.
- Familiarity with the Rebuilt Parish and/or Divine Renovation models of parish renewal and evangelization would be an asset.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Superior digital media capabilities.
If this sounds like you, and you're looking for a great work environment: