St. Michael Parish is looking for a full time Pastoral Associate/Catechist at our office located in Waterloo, Ontario.
As a parish of the Diocese of Hamilton, we strive to educate, serve and support the Catholic community in North Waterloo and uniquely seek to support our two elementary and two secondary schools in addition to our outreach to our Post-Secondary Community through the St. John Paul Student Centre.
Reporting to the Parish Priest, this opportunity allows the right candidate to fulfill their passion for evangelization by having a meaningful impact on the many families and young people we serve. This position is scheduled for a five-day work week with the ability to be present for Lord’s Day Masses and seasonal work at Easter and Christmas and to be available for special events and activities. We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package, on the job training and a great work environment.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Children’s Ministry: Develop, Direct and Assist with a comprehensive Children’s ministry program by providing support to volunteers, co-coordinate seasonal Children’s masses during school year.
- Sacramental Preparation: Provide leadership with First Communion and Reconciliation by aiding in class visits, leading the First Communion retreats, parent and teacher meetings.
- Children’s Ministry: Lead and assist with development of Catechesis of the Good Shepard program.
- Pastoral support: Participate in pastoral weekly meetings.
- Participate and be present at all Lord’s Day celebrations at the Parish and special events directed by the pastor.
- Aid in Digital Evangelization and helping with audio or visual presentations in Music Ministry.
- Aid and participate in RCIA, Starting Point, Crossroads, and/or Catholic update as a guest speaker.
Requirements and Skills:
- Practicing catholic with in-depth knowledge of the Catholic Teachings.
- Bachelor degree in religious studies / Theology, Education or strong background in Catechesis experience.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to mentor.
- Strong interpersonal, crisis intervention, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Understanding of children, their learning styles, and faith development.
- Adaptable and able to work within the church structure.
- Flexibility of schedule in order to provide responsive care and support within areas of ministry.
- A Passion for Evangelization.
- Successful completion of newly Police Records Check (which must include the Vulnerable Sector).
- Obtain or provide a newly issued Catholic Baptismal Certificate.
Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb 13, 2020.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.