Part-Time Music Director
St. Joseph, a Roman Catholic parish in Kitchener, Ontario, is looking for an experienced keyboard musician and vocal conductor to fill the part time (estimated 7 hours/week) role of an overall Music Director including choir leadership and keyboard accompaniment. We currently have one Saturday evening Mass and one Sunday Morning Mass. The Music Director will work closely with the parish priest, staff, and volunteer singers and musicians to plan and lead liturgies.
- Plans and selects music for all parish liturgies in keeping with the Church calendar, including special occasions.
- Promotes active participation of the congregation in liturgical music, and encourage new members to join the choirs as singers and musicians.
- Schedules cantors and instrumentalists for Sunday liturgies.
- Directs the choirs and facilitates rehearsals for the choirs and cantors.
- Attends Diocesan and Ontario Liturgical Workshops to strengthen liturgical skills.
- Participates in liturgy planning through Liturgy Committee meetings.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Musical training, including skills with a keyboard instrument such as piano or organ.
- A good understanding of and respect for Catholic Doctrine, liturgy and practice, as determined at the sole discretion of the Bishop of the Diocese.
- Strong communication, team building, and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with the Child and Family Services Act.
Please forward your resume and CV to email@example.com; please include “St. Joseph Parish Kitchener – Music Director” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.