St. Basil Parish in Brantford is looking for a part-time (20 hours/week) Parish Secretary. Reporting to the Parish Priest, this position involves providing a wide variety of secretarial and clerical services, and requires the ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Receptionist answering phone and doors (create a welcoming first impression)
- Operation of P.C. equipment
- Entering of Church envelope contributions in P.C.
- Setting up Church Bulletin
- Entering of Baptisms, Deaths, Marriages, Confirmations, Holy Eucharist, in appropriate record books and where required send notification to other parishes
- Entering everything in appropriate databases
- Maintain filing system
- Receive Mass intentions and donations and fill out Mass cards
- Operate photo copier
- At end of day leave office in a tidy condition
- Other duties as assigned
- Operation of Personal computer
- Word, Data Base, and other software applications
- High level of keyboarding skills
- Human relations skills
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field preferred
- Strong attention to detail, strong communication skills (written and spoken)
- A good understanding of and respect for the Catholic Doctrine
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “Secretary – St. Basil Parish” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.