St. Aloysius Parish in Kitchener is looking for a full time Secretary (approximately 30-35 hours per week, modified summer hours) for the church office. Reporting to the Parish Priest, this position offers a competitive rate of pay and benefits package.
- Greeting visitors, handling phone calls, directing inquiries to appropriate individuals.
- Updating and ordering weekly bulletin.
- Recording and coordinating Mass intentions and processing of funds from same.
- Sacramental registration processing, issuing Sacramental Certificates (Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation, Marriage) and Sacramental Register entries.
- Maintaining and updating Parish calendar of events, including school Masses.
- Order supplies for the office and Parish as needed.
- Weekly posting of funds generated through Sunday Offerings.
- Working as liaison with funeral homes and priest to plan funerals.
- Working as liaison with various repair/inspection individuals (setting appointments and notifying Custodian).
- Maintain key list and security codes records. Instruct the Custodian to enter new codes and delete old ones.
- Maintaining the phone system.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor when required.
- 2-3 years of prior secretarial/office experience preferred.
- Post Secondary education in a relevant field preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to organize and prioritize efficiently.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and comfort working with church database.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “Secretary – St. Aloysius Parish, Kitchener” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.