The Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton, established in 1856, is the second largest diocese in English speaking Canada and serves the needs of more than 626,000 Roman Catholics, throughout Southwestern Ontario. St. Patrick Parish in Burlington is looking for a Part-Time (15 hours/week) Parish Minister. Reporting to the Parish Priest, this position offers a competitive rate of pay.
- Coordinate Masses and schedule and train Liturgical Ministers
- Coordinate Baptism including Sacramental preparation
- Work with Parish schools and Sacramental preparation
- Assist with RCIA
- Visitation of Senior’s and hospitals
- Participate in Pastoral Council meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- College/University Bachelor's degree, diploma, or certificate with 3 - 5 years of experience, or equivalent.
- Familiar with Catholic Social Teaching.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with the Pastor, parish staff, volunteers and parish community.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and trust.
- Understanding of issues relevant to the marginalized in our society.
- Comfortable praying with and for others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize to meet weekly deadlines
- Strong social media skills.
If this sounds like you, and you’re looking for a great work environment: