Our Lady of Lourdes Parish in Waterloo is looking for an administrative assistant. Reporting to the parish priest, this is a full-time position (37.5 hours/week), with occasional requirements to attend evening meetings. This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a pleasant work environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- - Greets visitors to the Pastoral Care and Administration Centre, and responds to telephone inquiries.
- - Responsibility for accounting and bookkeeping functions, including payroll, accounts payable, and maintaining accurate records.
- - Prepares monthly and annual financial statements with supporting analysis to meet government and chancery requirements.
- - Maintains parish records, respecting confidentiality and privacy requirements.
- - Participates in Parish Finance Council meetings and acts as the parish financial resource.
- - Completes the Sunday bulletin for printing and distribution, and uploads it to the parish website.
- - Maintains and updates the church calendar of events, coordinating wedding and funeral requirements, and schedules weekend ministries and weekly outreach activities.
- - Orders office and maintenance supplies and equipment maintenance as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- - College diploma in business administration, accounting or equivalent preferred.
- - Advanced computer skills required – proficient in MS Office and QuickBooks.
- - Administrative skills normally attained from 2-3 years of experience in a related role.
- - Must be able to work independently and have strong organizational skills.
Interested applicants are to send a resume and cover letter to
Our Lady of Lourdes Parish
173 Lourdes Street
Or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until March 19, 2018.