Office Administrator - Mount Mary Retreat Centre
The Mount Mary Retreat Centre with the Diocese of Hamilton is looking for a part-time Office Administrator. Reporting to the Director of Youth and Retreat Ministries, this position offers a competitive rate of pay and benefits package, which includes:
- Extended Health/Dental Coverage
- Generous Vacation Allowance
- Paid Sick Days
- Matching Defined Contribution Pension Plan
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton, established in 1856, is the second largest diocese in English speaking Canada and serves the needs of more than 639,000 Roman Catholics, throughout Southwestern Ontario.
- This individual is responsible for the administration of the office, booking retreat events and responding to customer needs.
- To assist the Director in the management of Mount Mary Immaculate Retreat Centre.
- Greeting visitors, handling phone calls on a multi-line switchboard, following health and safety guidelines with regards to COVID 19 and directing inquiries to appropriate individuals.
- Book retreats and prepare all contracts for those retreats.
- Create and manage invoices for retreat and group bookings.
- Extend support to Catholic School Board Chaplaincy Leaders and Faith Formation Leaders to ensure their retreats are a success.
- Support kitchen staff during retreats (ensure meals are delivered in a timely fashion).
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field preferred.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to organize and prioritize efficiently. Strong Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate with the capacity to manage and upkeep social media platforms.
- A good understanding of and respect for Catholic Doctrine, Liturgy and practice, as determined at the sole discretion of the Bishop of the Diocese.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.