Manager, Digital Media
(Part-Time Maternity Leave Coverage)
About the Job:
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton, established in 1856, is the second largest diocese in English speaking Canada and serves the needs of more than 626,000 Roman Catholics, throughout Southwestern Ontario. Reporting to the Chancellor, this part-time maternity leave coverage position (9am-4:30pm, 3 days a week) is responsible for developing various digital media initiatives to promote the Diocese and its message to the wider community.
- Prepares, develops and posts noteworthy news, events and stories, on the Diocese’s website, from both internal and external sources.
- Updates and maintains Diocesan and Diocesan-related websites, including a primary emphasis on editing content and photos and secondary emphasis on HTML/CSS coding.
- Provide creative input and design for the development of social media graphics and internal print projects such as posters, newsletters, prayer cards, pamphlets and booklets.
- Maintains and updates the Diocese’s social media accounts on Twitter and Facebook to ensure a consistent message reflecting Catholic values, with a focus on issues and events related to the Diocese.
- College Diploma in Web Design, Multimedia or related field
- Strong knowledge in HTML, CSS, and Adobe Creative Suite
- 3 - 5 years related experience
- Highly creative, organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and presentation communication skills.
- Experience in content creation for social media.
- A good understanding of the Roman Catholic faith.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
This position offers a competitive compensation package along with a great work environment.
If this sounds like you, please apply by e-mailing your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Part-Time Digital Media Manager.”