Interested applicants are to send a resume and cover letter to:
Fr. Jason Kuntz
St. Michael Parish
181 Sewell Drive
Or via email to:
Applications will be accepted until August 4th, 2016.
Lay Pastoral Associate
St. Michael's Parish, Oakville
St. Michael's Parish in Oakville is looking for a Lay Pastoral Associate. Reporting to the Parish Priest, the position requires a commitment of 30 hours a week, including some evenings and weekends. This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package along with a great work environment.
Primary responsibilities will include co-ordinating sacramental preparation, acting as a liaison with parish schools and overseeing parish ministries and groups.
- Candidate must live in full communion with the Catholic Church and have a passion to help others grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ and the Church.
- Have knowledge of Catholic doctrine and pastoral practice. Degree or certificate in Theology or Ministry is an asset. Previous experience in pastoral work is an asset.
- Be willing to participate in parish life at St. Michael's.
- Be flexible and creative, willing to take initiative and find solutions to problems.
- Be organized and attentive to details.
- Have good interpersonal skills, able to work with both staff and volunteers.
- Speak and write fluently in both English and Spanish.