Human Resources Coordinator (Part-Time Maternity Leave Coverage)
About the Job:
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton, established in 1856, is the second largest diocese in English speaking Canada and serves the needs of more than 626,000 Roman Catholics, throughout Southwestern Ontario. Reporting to the Episcopal Director of Finance and Administration, this part-time maternity leave coverage position (12-month duration) is responsible for providing support in specific areas of human resources. Although the position will be based in Hamilton, travel throughout the Diocese will be required.
- Spearheads recruitment and selection activities.
- Perform employee searches and interviews to match requirements and qualifications with Diocesan hirings.
- Ensures employment documentation, records and status are accurate and maintained in a timely manner on the HRIS.
- Verification of references, degrees, certifications and qualifications and back-up for reference check completion.
- Creates employee contracts for new employees.
- Provides advice and guidance on HR matters to management, concerning general HR issues.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, diploma, or certificate in Human Resources or Business with 1 - 2 years of experience, or equivalent. CHRP designation or enrolment would be a definite asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant employment legislation and applicable regulations (e.g. Occupational Health & Safety Act, Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, WSIB, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act).
This position offers a competitive compensation package along with a great work environment.
If this sounds like you, please apply by e-mailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Part-Time Human Resources Coordinator.”
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.