If this sounds like you, please apply
by March 23, 2018 by clicking here.
Human Resource Coordinator
Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton, established in 1856, is the second largest diocese in English speaking Canada and serves the needs of more than 626,000 Roman Catholics, throughout Southwestern Ontario. Reporting to the Episcopal Director of Finance and Administration, this new position is responsible for providing support in all key areas of human resources. Although the position will be based in Hamilton, travel throughout the Diocese will be required.
- • Acts as the Diocesan representative for all human resource and payroll matters.
- • Participates in the development and implementation of HR initiatives, policies, procedures and programs, to ensure compliance with existing regulations (Employment Standards, Labour Relations, Human Rights, Pay Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, Health and Safety, etc.).
- • Spearheads recruitment and selection activities.
- • Coordinates the administration of employee terminations.
- • Ensures employment documentation, records and status are accurate and maintained in a timely manner on the HRIS.
- • Manages compensation, benefits, pension plans, performance management and training.
- • Oversees the organization’s health and safety program.
- • Provides advice and guidance on HR matters to management, concerning general HR issues.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- • Bachelor’s degree, diploma, or certificate in Human Resources or Business with 1 - 2 years of experience, or equivalent. CHRP designation or enrolment would be a definite asset.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- • Strong working knowledge of relevant employment legislation and applicable regulations (e.g. Occupational Health & Safety Act, Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, WSIB, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act,)