Department: Office of the Chancellor (Temporal Affairs)
Reports to: Chancellor (Temporal Affairs)
Start Date: June 1st, 2021
Purpose: This position provides financial and business support to the Diocese as well as supporting the Chancellor in enhancing the Company’s financial reporting and forecasting processes.
Main Functional Activities include:
- Identify opportunities for performance improvement across the Diocese.
- Responsible for preparing the annual financial and capital Budget.
- General ledger accounting, month and year end closings and related reporting.
- Responsible for completing semi-yearly HST returns.
- Management and reporting of the Diocesan Investment Portfolio.
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll input.
- Responsible for the financial overview of all capital projects.
- Parish financial analysis and reporting.
- Participate in special projects, as required.
- Advice and input to the Investment, Finance, Property and Building committees of the Diocese.
- Development of a safety manual and fire plan.
Skills & Qualifications
- Solid analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under stringent time constraints and respond to changes in priorities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Working knowledge with Quickbooks (or other accounting software) and Microsoft Office.
- University or college degree.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.