Family Services Counsellor
The Catholic Cemeteries of the Diocese of Hamilton is currently seeking a Family Services Counsellor to join our staff at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery in Burlington. This is an exciting and a great opportunity for a rewarding career in the bereavement industry. The position offers a competitive benefits package and a great work environment.
About the Job:
Reporting directly to the Manager of Family Services, this position is responsible for providing professional advice to client families regarding the purchase of cemetery interment rights, products and services. The key to success in this role is ensuring that families receive the highest standard of professional and compassionate service.
- Meet with client families to coordinate the purchase of cemetery interment rights, memorials, and other products and services on both a pre-need and at-need basis.
- Process various documents in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- 2-3 years business experience, preferably in the bereavement industry.
- Effective team player with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently.
- Exceptional customer service skills and effective communication (verbal and written) with a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of individuals in sensitive situations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Roman Catholic faith and its traditions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in a second language is an asset, but not a requirement.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume with cover letter to Joyce Ababio at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Family Services Counsellor - Holy Sepulchre Cemetery" in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.