Director of the Office for Evangelization and Catechesis
About the Job:
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton, established in 1856, is the second largest diocese in English speaking Canada and serves the needs of more than 626,000 Roman Catholics, throughout Southwestern Ontario.
The Director of the Office for Evangelization and Catechesis assists the faith formation in cooperation with Parishes, Catholic Schools and parents throughout the Diocese. This is accomplished by ensuring there are appropriately trained volunteer catechists and parish ministers, and by making available suitable print and media resources in keeping with Church teaching and current needs.
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Extended Health
- Dental Coverage
- Generous Vacation Allowance
- Paid Sick Days
- Matching RRSP Plan
- Job Related Tuition Subsidies
- Professional Development Support
- Maintain positive relationships with pastors and lay ministers in Parishes, and with those in our Catholic Schools who are engaged in Religious Education and Pastoral Care.
- Provide retreat opportunities and ministry workshops for Parish staffs, catechists, and Catholic schools as requested.
- Develop and implement training initiatives to assist Parish staffs and volunteers to carry out their ministries of evangelization and catechesis.
- Provide support to Parishes and Catholic schools throughout the Diocese and encourage the use of resources developed by the Diocese.
- Masters Degree in Theology or Religious Education.
- 3-5 years of varied teaching or ministerial experience.
- Familiarity with Growing in Faith Growing in Christ Resource.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
If this sounds like you, and you’re looking for a great work environment, please apply HERE.