Director of Liturgy
The Diocese of Hamilton is looking for a Fulltime Director of Liturgy. The Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton, established in 1856, is the second largest diocese in English speaking Canada and serves the needs of more than 626,000 Roman Catholics, throughout Southwestern Ontario. Reporting to Chancellor, this position is responsible for providing good liturgical practices throughout the Diocese of Hamilton. Although the position will be based in Hamilton, travel throughout the Diocese will be required.
- Provides Liturgical Ministry Formation opportunities through workshops and retreats for Ministers of the Word, Communion and Music as well as Children’s Liturgy Leaders.
- Implements the introduction of updated liturgical requirements through the coordination of workshops for the clergy and lay liturgical ministers throughout the Diocese.
- Coordinates the mandates for lectors and Ministers of Communion.
- Prepares and coordinates Diocesan Liturgical Celebrations.
- Advises the Bishop on liturgical issues, develops guidelines for liturgical practices in the Diocese and provides expertise to the clergy and other Ministers throughout the Diocese.
- As needed, makes available new books and resources relating to liturgical issues.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate/Post Graduate Degree or approved Certification in Roman Catholic Liturgical studies OR Master of Theological Studies (M.Div.), M.A of Theology.
- 5-year experience in liturgical Ministry preferred.
- A strong background in sacred music would be highly beneficial.
- Full communion with the Roman Catholic Church, as determined at the sole discretion of the Bishop of the Diocese.
Please forward your resume and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Director of Liturgy” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.