St. Clement Parish in Cambridge, is looking for a part-time (20-30 hours/week) custodian. Reporting to the Parish Priest, this position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and requires a commitment to work flexible hours.
Primary Custodial Responsibilities include:
- General upkeep of the parish property and ensuring that the Church and Parish Hall are kept clean, tidy and safe at all times.
- Replenishing custodial stock items, such as cleaning products and sanitary items.
- Facilitating minor repairs and maintenance of the parish property, including seasonal cleaning and upkeep, and a periodic check of St. Clement Cemetery.
- Interacting with contractors to ensure satisfactory work is completed on a timely basis.
- Setting up for parish events, including preparation for feasts and seasons in the Church calendar.
- Education: high school or equivalent.
- Prior experience as a custodian, janitor or similar role.
- Be able to work in all outdoor year round weather conditions and in good physical condition
- Familiarity with basic landscaping and handyman practices.
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions.
- Reliable, responsive and flexible to accommodate varying circumstances.
- Steel-toed safety boots, License: G Class Driver’s license.
Applications will be accepted until Tuesday, August 5th, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.