St. Ann’s Parish in Ancaster, is looking for a full-time custodian. Reporting to the Parish Priest, this position offers a competitive rate of pay and requires a commitment to work flexible hours.
- cutting and edging of grass with mowing equipment weekly
- Familiarize yourself with the operation of the irrigations systems and do regular inspection of irrigation system to ensure it is functioning properly
- Coordination start-up/shut down irrigation system and inspection of external water faucets.
- Inspection of irrigation system prior to spring start up. Coordination with Irrigation company on any repairs due to winter damage.
- Seasonal fertilization of grass
- Picking up of garbage, debris and leaves as required including the dumpster areas
- General upkeep of grounds.
- Coordination with the Gardening Committee on any specific needs relate to gardens
- Clean windows exterior
- Snow and ice control of doorways, steps and walkways including salting and shoveling.
- Ensure adequate supply of de-icer on hand and fill salt boxes
- Adjust external lighting timers as required
- Perform other duties as required
- Develop working knowledge of Parish lighting system, sound systems, fire alarm and emergency systems.
- Coordinate with service providers such as HVAC, Elevator, Electricians, Sounds Systems Techs to gain access facilities.
- Replace burnt out lights that are accessible. Identify any electrical defects and arrange repairs
- Coordinate with Building Maintenance Committee on any building repairs
- Regularly inspect plumping system and identify any defects or leaks that need repairs
- Replace filters (furnace, water etc.) as required by maintenance schedule
- Inspect window and doors to ensure they are function properly. Arrange and schedule repairs as required.
- Parish garbage and recycling collection and disposal upkeep.
- Maintenance/cleaning of Parish as needed (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Parish Hall set up and cleaning responsibilities.
- Minor painting as required
- Complete necessary paperwork as required/needed.
- Education: high school or equivalent
- Prior landscaping experience is preferred but not mandatory
- General working knowledge of HVAC systems, general plumping, irrigation systems electrical is preferred but not mandatory.
- Must be aware and adhere to all applicable Health and Safety regulations
- Be able to work in all outdoor year round weather conditions and in good physical condition
- Familiar with safe operations of landscaping and snow removal equipment (lawnmower, snow blower etc.)
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions
- Steel-toed safety boots
- License: G Class Driver’s license
If this sounds like you:
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.