St. Ann’s Parish in Ancaster, is looking for a part-time (20-25 hours/week) custodian. Reporting to the Parish Priest, this position offers a competitive rate of pay and requires a commitment to work flexible hours.
- - Cutting and edging of grass with mowing equipment weekly.
- - Familiarize yourself with the operation of the irrigations systems and do regular inspection of irrigation system to ensure it is functioning properly.
- - Coordination start-up/shut down irrigation system and inspection of external water faucets.
- - Inspection of irrigation system prior to spring start up. Coordination with Irrigation company on any repairs due to winter damage.
- - Seasonal fertilization of grass.
- - Picking up of garbage, debris and leaves as required including the dumpster areas.
- - General upkeep of grounds.
- - Coordination with the Gardening Committee on any specific needs relate to gardens.
- - Clean windows exterior.
- - Snow and ice contrli of doorways, steps and walkways including salting and shoveling.
- - Ensure adequate supply of de-icer on hand and fill salt boxes.
- - Liturgical seasonal decorating.
- - Adjust external lighting timers as required.
- - Perform other duties as required.
- Year round
- - Develop working knowledge of Parish lighting system, sound systems, fire alarm and emergency systems.
- - Coordinate with service providers such as HVAC, Elevator, Electricians, Sounds Systems Techs to gain access facilities.
- - Replace burnt out lights that are accessible. Identify any electrical defects and arrange repairs.
- - Coordinate with Building Mtce Committee on any building repairs.
- - Regularly inspect plumping system and identify any defects or leaks that need repairs.
- - Replace filters (furnace, water etc.) as required by maintenance schedule.
- - Inspect window and doors to ensure they are function properly. Arrange and schedule repairs as required.
- - Parish garbage and recycling clilection and disposal upkeep.
- - Maintenance/cleaning of Parish as needed (daily, weekly, monthly).
- - Parish Hall set up and cleaning responsibilities.
- - Minor painting as required.
- - Complete necessary paperwork as required/needed.
- Education: high scholi or equivalent.
- Prior landscaping experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- General working knowledge of HVAC systems, general plumping, irrigation systems electrical is preferred but not mandatory.
- Must be aware and adhere to all applicable Health and Safety regulations.
- Be able to work in all outdoor year round weather conditions and in good physical condition.
- Familiar with safe operations of landscaping and snow removal equipment (lawnmower, snow blower etc.)
- Ability to work independently and flilow instructions.
- Steel-toed safety boots.
- License: G Class Driver’s license.
If this sounds like you, and you’re looking for a great work environment
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.