Holy Cross Parish in Georgetown is looking for a part-time (20-30 hours/week) custodian. Reporting to the Parish Priest, this position offers a competitive rate of pay plus benefits packages and requires a commitment to work flexible hours.
- cutting grass with mowing equipment and upkeep of general grounds and garden.
- Irrigation system priming and start-up/shut down.
- Snow and ice control of doorways, steps and walkways including salting and shoveling.
- Liturgical seasonal decorating.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Year round:
- Inspection of Parish lighting system, fire alarm and emergency systems.
- Parish garbage collection and disposal upkeep.
- Maintenance/cleaning of Parish as needed (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Boiler care.
- Hall rental responsibilities.
- Complete necessary paperwork as required/needed.
- Education: high school or equivalent
- Prior landscaping experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Be able to work in all outdoor year round weather conditions and in good physical condition
- Familiar with safe operations of landscaping and snow removal equipment (lawnmower, snow blower etc.)
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions
- Steel-toed safety boots
- License: G Class Driver’s license
Please forward your resume to email@example.com ;please include “Custodian –Holy Cross Parish” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.