St. Augustine Parish, in Dundas, is looking for a part-time (20-25 hours/week) custodian. Reporting to the Parish Priest, this position offers a competitive rate of pay and requires a commitment to work flexible hours.
- Wash floor in the main body of the Church, Sacristy and Altar Servers rooms once a week.
- Vacuum and dust the balcony, pews and polish when required.
- Shop for supplies (soap, cleaners etc.) for Parish and clean as required.
- Set up and take down tables for Hall activities.
- Wash floors in and hall, washrooms and as well as the kitchen area.
- Coordinate bookings with Office Administrator to ensure smooth running of Parish
- Assist at funeral receptions, hospitality functions and social functions as required.
- Take out all garbage on Wednesday’s for pick up on Thursday’s.
- In the winter, clear light snow when 2 inches or less.
- Education: high school or equivalent
- Prior custodial experience is preferred
- Be able to work in all outdoor year round weather conditions and in good physical condition
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “Custodian – St. Augustine Parish” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.