Co-Coordinator of Media and Communications
St. John Paul Student Centre and St. Michael Parish is looking for a full time Co-Coordinator of Media and Communications at our office located in Waterloo, Ontario. As a parish and chaplaincy of the Diocese of Hamilton, we strive to educate, serve and support the Catholic community in North Waterloo and especially our Post-Secondary Community.
Reporting to the Parish Priest, this opportunity allows the right candidate to fulfill their passion for digital media while having a meaningful impact on the many families and young people we serve. This position is scheduled for a five-day work week from Monday to Friday, with flexibility to work outside the regular shift from time to time and the need for some weekend and seasonal work at Easter and Christmas and to be available for special events and activities.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package, on the job training and a great work environment.
- Responsible for the planning, optimizing and executing of digital marketing strategies across a variety of social media channels while creating quality content and enhancing performance-oriented campaigns to cultivate our customer acquisition, generate leads and build our trusted brand.
- Assist the Pastor byleading and providing strategic oversight for church-wide marketing and communications for both St Michael Parish and the St John Paul Student Centre.
- Oversee the communication of the church’s and centre’s strategic priorities, brand and ministry messages through various media to ensure accurate, creative, and consistent tone, look, voice, and delivery.
- Work in collaboration with the Pastor and Ministry Leaders to develop a comprehensive yet targeted communications strategy, which includes Lord’s Day Masses, special events, celebrations and services, video, content marketing, digital marketing, social media, electronic newsletters, and print materials.
- Working with analytics tracking platforms, such as Google analytics. Manage Google ad words campaigns, SEO, PPC advertising, Word Press, Mail Chimp and various social media platforms.
- Opportunity to be creative, compose new content and assist us with our website and some graphic design.
- Work closely with the Pastor to assist in managing, analyzing and optimizing campaigns to improve results.
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in a related field of study, coupled with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of previous job-related experience.
- Related experience must include a minimum of 2 to 3 years of specific focus in digital marketing.
- Self-motivated team player, strong communication skills, interpersonal leadership, initiative and analytical skills.
- Strong decision making skills, attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and work with multiple deadlines using excellent time management skills will assist in the success of this role.
- Fluency in English, a valid Ontario G Driver’s License in good standing, and a clear Police Clearance Record are required.
If this sounds like you, please forward your resume and CV to email@example.com. Please include “Co-coordinator of Media and Communications, Waterloo, ON” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.