The Catholic Cemeteries of the Diocese of Hamilton is currently seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to join our team at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery. This is an exciting and a great opportunity for a rewarding career in the bereavement industry. The position offers a competitive benefits package and a great work environment.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Reporting directly to the Manager of Sales and Family Services, this position will be primarily responsible for greeting and directing families and/or visitors both in person and on the phone, providing general reception duties and performing clerical duties as required.
- Providing quality customer service to the families we serve; in person, email or on the telephone
- Greet customers both on the phone and at reception area and answer general inquiries
- Providing information on services to funeral homes and families as required
- Providing administrative support to ensure accuracy of records and documentation. This will include but not limited to: writing receipts, preparing bank deposits, typing, data entry, filing and collating of materials.
- Acts as back up for receptionist duties.
- Post-secondary education or combination of education/administrative experience
- Effective team player with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently
- Exceptional customer service skills and effective communication (verbal and written) with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong administrative skills with creative problem solving solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of individuals in sensitive situations
- Digital archival experience is an asset, but not a requirement
- Fluency in a second language is an asset, but not a requirement
If this sounds like you:
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.