St. Mary of the Visitation Parish, Cambridge, is looking for a part-time Catechist. Reporting to the Parish Priest, this position offers a competitive rate of pay and requires a commitment to work flexible hours.
Requirements and Skills:
- Children’s Ministry: Provide leadership with First Communion and Reconciliation by aiding in class visits, leading the First Communion retreats, parent and teacher meetings.
- Develop, Direct and Assist with a comprehensive Children’s ministry program by providing support to volunteers.
- Pastoral support: Participate in pastoral weekly meetings.
- Participate and be present at all Lord’s Day celebrations at the Parish and special events directed by the pastor.
- Lead and participate in RCIA and RCIC programs.
- Lead and assist with development of Catechesis of the Good Shepard program.
- Aid in Digital Evangelization and helping with audio or visual presentations in Music Ministry.
- Practicing catholic with in-depth knowledge of the Catholic Teachings.
- Bachelor degree in religious studies / Theology, Education or strong background in Catechesis experience.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to mentor.
- Strong interpersonal, crisis intervention, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Understanding of children, their learning styles, and faith development.
- Adaptable and able to work within the church structure.
- Flexibility of schedule in order to provide responsive care and support within areas of ministry.
- Successful completion of newly Police Records Check (which must include the Vulnerable Sector).
- Obtain or provide a newly issued Catholic Baptismal Certificate.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume with cover letter to Joyce Ababio at email@example.com. Please include "Catechist - St. Mary of the Visitation" in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.