Interested individuals should forward their resume by September 5th, 2016 to:
Canadian Martyrs Roman Catholic Parish
38 Emerson Street
Attention: Father Bradley Markus
Or Email: email@example.com
Thank you in advance for applying. We appreciate the opportunity to review all resumes, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Canadian Martyrs Roman Catholic Church - Administrative Assistant
- • Reception and Telephone
- • Maintain and update all Parish Sacramental Registers
- • Accounting-process invoices, make cheques payable, bank deposits
- • Maintain and update the Parish database and website
- • Preparation of the weekly bulletin
- • Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger up to and including Trial Balance
- • Biweekly and Monthly payroll including year-end T4 and T4 summary.
- • Prepare monthly and year end financial statements
- • Government remittances: Payroll deductions, HST, annual registered charity return, Diocesan financial report
- • Prepare all Income tax receipts for Parish donors.
- • Ordering of supplies for the Church
- • Support for the Pastor, Staff and the University Chaplaincy Office
- • Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- • Must have experience in a Parish setting or equivalent. The ability to learn the Archdiocesan software: Parish Tools.
- • Must be proficient in the use of Quickbooks, Microsoft Office/Excel.
- • Have a good understanding of and respect for the Catholic Doctrine, Liturgy and Practice.
- • Must be able to obtain a Police Security Check.
- • Must be able to provide references upon request.
A three-month probationary period applies to all new employees.
We offer a competitive wage rate of $20.00 - $24.00 per hour with benefit coverage available through the Diocese. Successful candidates will be required to work twenty-eight (28) hours per week.