Catholic Chaplaincy, McMaster University
Employment details – Full-time Maternity Leave Coverage Contract
(with possibility of extension)
About the Position:
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton, established in 1856, continues to serve the needs of Catholics throughout our local area in parishes, chaplaincies and other initiatives. Under the direction of the Diocese, the Catholic chaplaincy at McMaster University strives to serve the 24,500 undergraduate and 3,500 graduate students, as well as outreach to faculty and staff of the University.
The position of Campus Minister will assist the Catholic Chaplain and Canadian Martyrs Senior Leadership Team in facilitating ongoing ministry and faith formation for Catholic students at McMaster University, both on campus and at our local church, Canadian Martyrs. The successful candidate for this position will report directly to the Catholic Chaplain appointed by the diocese and will support ongoing programs and develop and support initiatives at the undergraduate, graduate, and alumni levels of our student ministry. The primary mandate of our Catholic Chaplaincy is to strive to promote and sustain an effective Roman Catholic presence, dedicated to witnessing and supporting gospel values at McMaster University, and encouraging spiritual growth within the student body.
Key Responsibilities of the Campus Minister:
- In collaboration with the Catholic Chaplain and Canadian Martyrs’ Senior Leadership Team, coordinates all activities for the Catholic campus ministry, including developing objectives, priorities, and activities to optimize the efficient use of opportunities and resources.
- Works with the university’s Catholic students and especially the Catholic Student Association executive and members to foster a sense of community and engagement in activities and outreach of the Catholic Chaplaincy.
- Supports and creates media communications in both digital and traditional forms in order to share the vibrancy and opportunities of the Catholic chaplaincy and Catholic faith.
- Coaches, mentors, and engages with students in a manner that helps to educate the whole person and leads them to take personal ownership for the mission of the Catholic chaplaincy and their lives of faith.
- Coordinates, advises, facilitates, and actively participates in liturgical planning and prayer activities at the church of Canadian Martyrs, as well as on-campus ecumenical liturgies, where possible.
- Plays an extended public relations role through dialogue, collaboration and cooperation with other campus ministry leaders at local, provincial, and national levels.
- College/University Bachelor's degree, diploma, or certificate with 3 - 5 years of experience, or equivalent - Ideally - M. Div. or equivalent
- Thorough understanding of the Catholic faith, tradition, and practices
- Demonstrable related experience
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package along with a great work environment.
Please forward your resume and CV to email@example.com
Please include “Canadian Martyrs Parish – Campus Minister” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.