Campus Minister – Waterloo, Ontario
About the Job:
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton, established in 1856, is the second largest diocese in English speaking Canada and serves the needs of more than 626,000 Roman Catholics, throughout Southwestern Ontario. Reporting to the Chaplain of the St. John Paul II Student Centre at St. Michael Parish in Waterloo, Ontario, this person works to promote and sustain an effective Roman Catholic presence, dedicated to witnessing and promoting gospel values, in the milieu of post-secondary education.
- â— Works with the university’s Roman Catholic students to foster a sense of community and engagement.
- â— Plans and directs all Roman Catholic activities of the campus ministry department, including developing objectives, priorities and activities to optimize the efficient use of limited resources.
- â— Recruits, selects and directs the work of volunteers necessary to meet the plans and objectives of campus ministry.
- â— Coaches, mentors and directs student leaders in a manner that strives to educate the whole person.
- â— Coordinates, advises, facilitates and actively participates in liturgical planning and prayer activities at the parish church where possible.
- â— Plays an extended public relations role through dialogue, collaboration and cooperation with other Campus Ministry Leaders at campus, provincial and national levels.
- â— Collaborates with all student service areas at Wilfrid Laurier University to augment delivery of Campus Ministry initiatives.
- â— Ideally - M. Div. or equivalent
- â— Canadian Catholic Campus Ministries certification
- â— 3 – 5 Years related experience
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package along with a great work environment.
If this sounds like you, please apply at the link below: